SAEK III will support the implementation of the new anti-corruption legislation and progressing towards repatriation of stolen assets, while completing a robust corruption prevention system.
SAEK III contributes to advancing gender equality and poverty reduction, while applying the approach of its 6 signature solution(SS), as follows: SS 1 - Keeping people out of poverty, SS 2 - Strengthen effective, inclusive and accountable governance and SS 6 - Strengthen gender equality and the empowerment of women and girls.
What we want to achieve
SAEK III, through a three-tier approach supports the policy, structural and capacity level, towards achieving the following sustainable results:
· Fulfillment of technical and legal requirements for the effective implementation of anti-corruption laws and strategies such as anti-money laundering, anti-corruption and related action plans;
· Establishment of a legal and institutional framework for coordinated prosecutor led joint investigations of financial crime; improved effectiveness in asset recovery; enhanced investigative journalism and coordination among public institutions at the central and local levels; further strengthening of Kallxo.com online platform for reporting corruption allegations;
· Trained investigators on asset recovery and an established asset recovery structure mandated to track down stolen assets and conduct thorough financial crime investigations.
Results up to date
• Key anti-corruption legislation strengthened;
• Asset recovery investigation support through the Basel Institute on Governance
• Corruption proofing of legislation system established
• Development of regulatory framework for the implementation and monitoring of integrity plans completed;
• Online platform for Public Officials’ Asset and Income Disclosure system established;
• Database for evaluating discrepancies of declared wealth vs expenditures created within the Tax Administration
• Adoption of National Anti-money Laundering Risk Assessment and action plan;
• Establishment of Strategic Analysis Unit within the FIU;
• The first evert Report on Gender Corruption Vulnerabilities inthe Public and Private sector;
• The report on the Transparency of the Criteria of the Economic Recovery Package published by GAP Institute;
• Kallxo.com continues to be one of the most trusting platforms to report corruption;
• Corruption risk assessments developed in the judiciary, notaries, bar, extractive industries, health and education;
• UNCAC Gap Assessment Report;
• The Supreme Court adopted Sentencing Guidelines that will narrow the discrepancies in sentencing of corruption cases.