KSSP contributes to a safer Kosovo through a holistic approach to the development of the strategic, legislative and regulatory framework and establishment of processes in the safety and security institutions. By tailoring global approaches to Kosovo’s context, KSSP addresses civilian use of explosives and oversight over private security services, police and other authorized security institutions, community policing, intelligence led policing, protection of critical infrastructure, crime prevention, school safety and more recently in the field of prevention of violent extremism and cyber security.
The people-processes-technology concept is ensuring the sustainability of results through strengthened individual and institutional capacities, while also incorporating gender mainstreaming. Our approach contributed in developing best practices in the region, such as the Firearm Focal Point system, which currently is considered as a best practice in the Western Balkans region and beyond.
What we want to achieve
1. Increase public safety for all inhabitants through local solutions for local problems while also supporting local and central level institutions,
2. Integrated approach towards developing policies and legislation as well as implementation mechanisms in line with international standards;
3. Increased capacities to address potential risk and threats from illegal weapons, violent extremists, and prevent and deter cybercrime.
Results to date
· Increased capacities of police officers, prosecutors and judges on recognize cyber incidents, leading to improved skills on evidence collection, intelligence gathering and investigative leads;
· Supported the National Council on Cyber Security and the Working Group in developing legal and policy frameworks in line with the EU norms and standards to improve cyber security;
· Expert report on EU 2016/1148 NIS Directive to assist the National Cyber Security Council by providing a compliance guidance;
· Improved technical and individual capacities of the KP through technology and software, including specialized training select personnel;
· Increase capacities of Kosovo Police officers for implementation of Law No. 05/ L – 134 on legalization and surrender of weapons, ammunition and explosives devices;
· Increase capacities of the State Coordination Centre responsible for implementation of surrender of weapons, ammunition and explosives devices.