Exhibition of Women Artists Opened at the Assembly of Kosovo
he Women Caucus of the Assembly of Kosovo and United Nations Development Programme (UNDP), respectively the Parliamentary Development for Social Policies (PDSP) Project, organized an exhibition titled "The Women and the Art". This exhibition included artistic works of the following painters: Magbule Xhemajli, Ardiana Kika, Edona Blakaj, Lendita Zeqiraj and Miradije Morina Berbatovci.
The Head of the Women Caucus Ms. Teuta Sahatqija opened the exhibition emphasizing that the Assembly of Kosovo is the house of the people and it should provide support to women artists and give them the deserved respect and acknowledgement for their tremendous work.
In his welcoming speech, the President of the Assembly of Kosovo, Dr. Jakup Krasniqi focused on the activities of the Women Caucus re-affirming his support to the efforts of this group to emancipate women and the society in general, especially in the field of social and institutional equality.
Exhibition was honoured by the presence and a speech by the President of Kosovo, Ms. Atifete Jahjaga who congratulated the Women Caucus for their commitment in giving a deserved place, value and publicity to women's creativity.
UN Development Coordinator and UNDP Resident Representative, Ms. Osnat Lubrani, addressed the participants emphasizing Women Caucus valuable contribution to increase and empower the role of women.
The exhibition was another activity from numerous ones implemented by the Women Caucus centering on empowerment, awareness raising and added visibility of gender issues in Kosovo.
At the end of the ceremony, Women Caucus presented certificates of appreciations to its greatest supporters, Mr. Jakup Krasniqi, UNDP, OSCE, and NDI.
- Profesionet Nuk Kanë Gjini - Professions Have No #Gender The newest image AD from the latest awareness campaign by UNDP Kosovo. Please share it and have your part in increasing awareness regarding gender professions in #Kosovo. 22 August AT 08:24 AM
- A keni vendosur ta vizitoni Dokufestin këtë të Enjte? Ejani dhe merrni pjesë e shprehni mendimin tuaj në tryezën e rrumbullakët të titulluar “Profesionet nuk kanë gjini”, që mbahet në kuadër të Dokufest, Prizren, këtë të Enjte, me 21 Gusht në ora 17:30 te “Mullini”. #DokuFest Are you at #DokuFest this Thursday and you would want to participate on a discussion concerning gender issues? You are more than welcome to come and join us at our roundtable titled “Professions Have no Gender”, as part of this year’s Dokufest in Prizren, 21 of August, starting from 17:30 at “Mullini-The Mill” 19 August AT 07:47 AM
- Like & share : Watch "Ora 7 - Autoshkolla e vetme në Kosovë për persona…" on YouTube - Ora 7 - Autoshkolla e vetme në Kosovë për persona…: http://youtu.be/KmLnt7Hguu0 18 August AT 08:26 AM
- "See more posts on"Facebook
- 07 Mar 2014:International Women's Day
- 30 May 2013:Women’s Empowerment to Environmental Justice
- 13 Feb 2013:Civil Society Organisations Benefit Grants to Empower Women in Kosovo