Challenging employment barriers
Coming from Bosnian community she is also one of the 72 minorities registered for reintegration assistance. At the age of 53 she is still willing to carry on with professional duties. Adding to that, Mrs. Syla commutes every day about 50 km from Mitrovicë/Mitrovica to Graçanicë/Gračanica where she works for the administration of the newly created Municipality.
She works there as a Legal Aid Assistant, a position which is similar to the one she held with the Personnel Office of the KPC for nearly 10 years. Mrs. Syla was assisted on two occasions. First, the Resettlement Programme helped her find a job suitable for her skills and supported the Municipality that employed her by subsidising her salary during the first six months of her contract. In addition, she was able to increase her computer skills by attending an extensive, specialised course. Secondly, with the Municipality keen to retain her excellent administrative skills and multi-lingual qualifications – Mrs Syla speaks fluently Albanian, Serbian, Bosnian and Turkish – another UNDP Project, Access to Justice, further supported her employment.
Performing her job with pride and a great sense of responsibility, Mrs. Syla emphasizes that she serves both Albanian and Serb communities in the multiethnic municipality: “It is a sensitive job as it requires attention but on the other hand gives me satisfaction to help other people in need to solve their legal problems,” With her determination to work and her positive attitude, Igballa Syla is an inspiration for younger generations.
- Profesionet Nuk Kanë Gjini - Professions Have No #Gender The newest image AD from the latest awareness campaign by UNDP Kosovo. Please share it and have your part in increasing awareness regarding gender professions in #Kosovo. 22 August AT 08:24 AM
- A keni vendosur ta vizitoni Dokufestin këtë të Enjte? Ejani dhe merrni pjesë e shprehni mendimin tuaj në tryezën e rrumbullakët të titulluar “Profesionet nuk kanë gjini”, që mbahet në kuadër të Dokufest, Prizren, këtë të Enjte, me 21 Gusht në ora 17:30 te “Mullini”. #DokuFest Are you at #DokuFest this Thursday and you would want to participate on a discussion concerning gender issues? You are more than welcome to come and join us at our roundtable titled “Professions Have no Gender”, as part of this year’s Dokufest in Prizren, 21 of August, starting from 17:30 at “Mullini-The Mill” 19 August AT 07:47 AM
- Like & share : Watch "Ora 7 - Autoshkolla e vetme në Kosovë për persona…" on YouTube - Ora 7 - Autoshkolla e vetme në Kosovë për persona…: http://youtu.be/KmLnt7Hguu0 18 August AT 08:26 AM
- "See more posts on"Facebook
- 07 Mar 2014:International Women's Day
- 30 May 2013:Women’s Empowerment to Environmental Justice
- 13 Feb 2013:Civil Society Organisations Benefit Grants to Empower Women in Kosovo