Empowering Citizens - Fighting Corruption through Social Media in Kosovo
320 pupils were attending classes in provisional shelters in absence of a proper school. After InternewsKosova and BIRN received reports through a platform which was created to report corruption cases and proved beneficial for other issues as well. They conducted in-depth research, interviews with teachers and parents and visits to the school, and, at the end, the case was addressed by the Ministry of Education which publicly promised that the school will be built in 2014.
- One year after launching the platform, approximately 900 cases were reported
- 30 municipalities in Kosovo have placed an iFrame of www.kallxo.com on their official website
In partnership with InternewsKosova and the Balkan Investigative Reporting Network (BIRN), UNDP has developed a web-platform “www.kallxo.com” which allows Kosovo citizens to report corruption in real time through multiple channels, including social media, SMS and the web. By visualizing and mapping reported corruption cases in the internet, the project aims to attract citizens’ participation and raise awareness on the level and form of corruption occurring in Kosovo.
One year after launching the platform, approximately 900 cases were reported, ranging from corruption in government, educational institutions, fraud at the local level, misconduct of public officials, etc.
Because of this success, www.kallxo.com is now also increasingly being used to report inefficiencies in delivering public services at the local level. To date, around 30 municipalities in Kosovo have placed an iFrame of www.kallxo.com on their official website to facilitate the municipality’s interaction with the citizens.
- Here is our latest story on the initiative of the destruction of arms supported by #UNDP’s Firearms and Explosives Risk Minimization project in cooperation with #EuropeanUnion and #SEESAC Yesterday AT 04:08 AM
- Still time to enter the Global Youth Video Competition on Climate Change! The deadline is August 17. UNFCCC | #COP21 Wednesday AT 03:56 AM
- Building on the successful results of 2014, the Austrian Development Cooperation-funded Local-Level Response for Employment Generation and Integrated Territorial Development (InTerDev) Project continues in 2015 to address the economic challenges of the..http://www.ks.undp.org/content/kosovo/en/home/presscenter/articles/2015/07/28/interdev-project-board-meeting.html Tuesday AT 08:26 AM
- "See more posts on"Facebook