Empowering Citizens - Fighting Corruption through Social Media in Kosovo
320 pupils were attending classes in provisional shelters in absence of a proper school. After InternewsKosova and BIRN received reports through a platform which was created to report corruption cases and proved beneficial for other issues as well. They conducted in-depth research, interviews with teachers and parents and visits to the school, and, at the end, the case was addressed by the Ministry of Education which publicly promised that the school will be built in 2014.
- One year after launching the platform, approximately 900 cases were reported
- 30 municipalities in Kosovo have placed an iFrame of www.kallxo.com on their official website
In partnership with InternewsKosova and the Balkan Investigative Reporting Network (BIRN), UNDP has developed a web-platform “www.kallxo.com” which allows Kosovo citizens to report corruption in real time through multiple channels, including social media, SMS and the web. By visualizing and mapping reported corruption cases in the internet, the project aims to attract citizens’ participation and raise awareness on the level and form of corruption occurring in Kosovo.
One year after launching the platform, approximately 900 cases were reported, ranging from corruption in government, educational institutions, fraud at the local level, misconduct of public officials, etc.
Because of this success, www.kallxo.com is now also increasingly being used to report inefficiencies in delivering public services at the local level. To date, around 30 municipalities in Kosovo have placed an iFrame of www.kallxo.com on their official website to facilitate the municipality’s interaction with the citizens.
- Today, three winners of the essay competition on "What is corruption"? were announced and they are: Dafina Gjikoll, Sara Abrashi, and Shqiponjë Jetullahu. The winners are from Prishtina High-Schools of received certificates and their schools - Eqrem Çabej, Sami Frashëri, and 28 Nëntori - were the recipients of a "Anti-Corruption Corner", which consists of a desktop computer complete with office supplies and literature on anti-corruption. Congratulations to all! Thursday AT 10:59 AM
- One of our recent works was the Mediation Campaign done for UNDP Kosovo. Feel free to give us your feedback :) #RepublikaCommunications #CreativeState. Thursday AT 07:51 AM
- Learning by doing: Children being quizzed today on 112 emergency number #isupport112 Femijet nisin festimet per diten nderkombetare te numrit 112 me nje kuiz rreth numrit te emergjences Wednesday AT 07:30 AM
- "See more posts on"Facebook