Empowering Citizens - Fighting Corruption through Social Media in Kosovo
320 pupils were attending classes in provisional shelters in absence of a proper school. After InternewsKosova and BIRN received reports through a platform which was created to report corruption cases and proved beneficial for other issues as well. They conducted in-depth research, interviews with teachers and parents and visits to the school, and, at the end, the case was addressed by the Ministry of Education which publicly promised that the school will be built in 2014.
- One year after launching the platform, approximately 900 cases were reported
- 30 municipalities in Kosovo have placed an iFrame of www.kallxo.com on their official website
In partnership with InternewsKosova and the Balkan Investigative Reporting Network (BIRN), UNDP has developed a web-platform “www.kallxo.com” which allows Kosovo citizens to report corruption in real time through multiple channels, including social media, SMS and the web. By visualizing and mapping reported corruption cases in the internet, the project aims to attract citizens’ participation and raise awareness on the level and form of corruption occurring in Kosovo.
One year after launching the platform, approximately 900 cases were reported, ranging from corruption in government, educational institutions, fraud at the local level, misconduct of public officials, etc.
Because of this success, www.kallxo.com is now also increasingly being used to report inefficiencies in delivering public services at the local level. To date, around 30 municipalities in Kosovo have placed an iFrame of www.kallxo.com on their official website to facilitate the municipality’s interaction with the citizens.
- Support to Anti-Corruption Efforts in Kosovo (SAEK) Steering Project Board Meeting - Tackling corruption through enhanced evidence-based policymaking #AntiCorruption about an hour ago
- Bashkëpunimi i fundit i UNDP dhe Agjensionit Zvicërran per Zhvillim dhe Bashkëpunim si dhe grupit të famshëm komik, STUPCAT, sjell videosatirën e titulluar "Vdekje Korrupsionit, Liri Popullit" Here is the newest collaboration of UNDP and Swiss Agency for Development and Cooperation (SDC) with the famous entertainment group STUPCAT, bringing to you the video satire titled: "Death to Corruption, Freedom to the People" 3 hours ago
- New New New #Stupcat . Sonte dicka e re nga Stupcat Official. #Kyquni ne #OnAirFM. Internews Kosova. UNDP Kosovo. vetem ne www.youtube.com/Stupcat 21 hours ago
- "See more posts on"Facebook