Building a Better Future for Citizens of Fushë Kosovë / Kosovo Polje and Obiliq/ć
The project aims to decrease vulnerability and human security risks in the targeted municipalities and enhance municipal competencies for better service delivery to all citizens
What do we want to achieve
The project is a joint effort of UNDP, UNICEF, UNFPA, UNV and WHO, aiming for:
• Decreased vulnerability and human security risks in the targeted municipalities, through the promotion of participation, sustainable livelihoods, protection, improved education and health among the communities;
• Enhanced municipal competencies for better service delivery to all citizens and especially vulnerable individuals among the communities of Roma, Ashkali, Egyptians, Serbs and Albanians.
• Provision of up-to-date research information by conducting a Community Vulnerability Assessment, to collectively identify the needs and vulnerabilities and the capacities of the affected communities;
• Conduct a Territorial Audit that assesses the opportunities for job creation;
• Support livelihood opportunities by increasing the work readiness of individuals, increasing skill sets, and supporting establishment of sustainable micro businesses;
• Integration of targeted health and education strategies based on inclusion principles, multi-ethnic community consultation and disaggregated data management into existing municipal action plans;
• Empowerment and support to Civil Society Organizations by enabling them to represent their constituencies more effectively and strengthening the public voice and participation.
|UN Human Security Trust Fund||1,493,078.00 USD|