Diaspora Engagement in Economic Development (phase 1)
The project aims to increase the opportunities for Kosovans living abroad to participate in the economic development of Kosovo.
What do we want to achieve
The project is jointly implemented by the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) and the International Organization for Migration (IOM). It aims to increase the opportunities for Kosovans living abroad to participate in the economic development of Kosovo by facilitating investment of remittances in job and enterprise creation instead of pure consumption, in particular:
• Banking and other financial services for sending and receiving remittances will be used by Kosovans regardless of age, location or gender;
• A 3% increase of households in Kosovo that have at least one bank account is expected;
• Strategy on diaspora and possible other evidence-based policies will be implemented by Kosovo authorities.
• Feasibility analyses to identify financial services that will reduce the cost of remittance transfers and help to channel remittances to investments, savings and job-creation;
• Awareness-raising campaigns and financial literacy trainings, seminars and workshops to remittance recipients and senders;
• A Private Sector Forum, aiming exploration of the linkages between private sector and remittances for development purposes;
• An International Guarantee Fund model;
• Technical assistance to the Ministry of Diaspora in drafting the Strategy on Diaspora, and particularly in policies aiming towards economic development;
• Two Kosovo Remittance Studies conducted; the second one jointly with the Kosovo Agency of Statistics.
Remittance Study 2013
View other Publications on DEED web page
|Government of Finland||1,125,382.00 Euro
|| 116,000.00 Euro