Area Based Development Programme in Mitrovicë/a and Zveçan /Zvečan: Entrepreneurship and Local Economic Development Project Summary
The programme addresses complex development challenges in Mitrovicë/a North and South, and Zvečan/ Zveçan areas. It ensures empowerment and inclusion of local communities through economic development, improves human security and stability, and supports communities and local authorities in delivering of social services.
What do we want to acheive
The purpose of the programme is to address in a holistic manner a complex development challenges in Mitrovicë/a North and South, and Zvečan/ Zveçan areas. The program ensures empowerment and inclusion of local communities through economic development, improves human security and stability, and supports communities and local authorities in delivering of social services.
• 3 Business Advisory Centers established;
• In total of 136 beneficiaries (54 female and 82 male) successfully completed the Business training;
• For the first time in the Mitrovicë/a region, start ups were offered micro loans to create small and medium enterprises. 49 loans distributed and 86 jobs created;
• Enhanced women and youth entrepreneurship through the provision of fifteen small grants to local partner organizations. The project supported 278 direct beneficiaries (women and youth);
• 13 joint (south/north) community initiatives were supported. The projects covered 899 direct beneficiaries. Out of 899 direct beneficiaries, 472 were women (or 52 %) and 331 youths (or 34 %);
• 6 Quick Impact projects implemented;
• Three Mitrovicë/a opinion polls conducted , that provide a clear understanding of the perception of people living in the region;
• Public awareness campaign “Living with lead” implemented;
• 3 Local Action Groups were formed in the three target areas of Mitrovicë/a north, south and Zvečan/Zveçan and comprise representatives from civil society, the municipalities, and the business sector;
• 3 Local Community Action Plans developed
• “Civil Society on Mitrovicë/a Development” conference organized with presentation of 60 K- Serbian and 40 K-Albanian CSOs;
• “Forum for Cities in Transition” supported - successful conference brought together delegates from divided cities such as Derry/Londonderry, Kirkuk, Nicosia, Jerusalem and Haifa.
In order to address the issue of unemployment among citizens the project targets the following key areas:
• Supporting and empowering the Business Advisory Centres in the Mitrovicë/a Region;
• Providing Business Skills Training;
• Improving access to micro-loans for young entrepreneurs and start-up businesses.
For the first time in the Mitrovicë/a region, young entrepreneurs were offered micro loans to start small and medium enterprises. Altogether 49 business loans were disbursed. Start-ups and recently established businesses have increased the income generation capacities of households and widely reduced unemployment, through the creation of 86 new jobs. Different business sectors have been supported: agriculture, catering, wood and PVC manufacturing, cosmetics and medical services, and small construction.
|Government of Norway||USD 281.115,37|