Sustainable Land Use Management and Conservation of Biodiversity in Dragash/š Municipality
What we wanted to achieve
To improve livelihoods of the local people in Dragash/š, aiming at sustainable development. It had the following specific objectives:
• protection of natural resources and biodiversity;
• promotion of local resources and competitive advantages;
• improved capacities of farmers and producers to reach markets and improve quality of their products;
• improved energy efficiency and promotion of renewable energy sources;
• good governance and better gender equality in the municipality.
• The Municipal Development Plan, including strategies for settlements, roads and infrastructure, forestry, health, education, biodiversity and nature protection, agriculture, cultural heritage & tourism, economic development, human resources development, water and waste water, waste management and energy;
• Completed sustainable development Atlas for the Sharr/Šar national park (mapping resources, forestry, biodiversity, potential for tourism);
• Management plan for the Sharr/Šar National Park;
• Employment opportunities and support for local SME’s in Dragash/š (Ecoprofit training, recycling business opportunities);
• Projects to support local farmers in quality control and certification of their products, market outreach, energy efficiency etc.;
• Several pilot projects to develop energy efficiency, waste management and water management.
|Government of Finland||4,037,685USD|