Support for the Ministry of Environment project
The project is assisting the Ministry of Environment and Spatial Planning (MESP) in establishing a solid legal and institutional framework for environmental policymaking in Kosovo, environmental protection, and in addressing the climate change challenges.
What do we want to achieve
The project assists the Ministry of Environment and Spatial Planning (MESP) in establishing a solid legal and institutional framework for environmental policymaking in Kosovo. UNDP contributes to the efforts in environmental protection and in addressing the challenges posed by the global Climate Change.
• A Low Emission and Climate Resilience Strategy launched in Kosovo;
• The Kosovo Environment Protection Agency (KEPA) trained in the Green House Gas (GHG) monitoring and reporting procedures as required by Kyoto Protocol and EU/EC standards. Additionally, the second Kosovo-wide Greenhouse Gas (GHG) Inventory for the years 2010-2011 conducted for the basis of climate policy making;
• Effective promotion of energy efficiency, awareness raising and activation of transformation of energy efficiency market supported; Education interventions about Energy Efficiency (EE) and Renewable Energy Sources (RES) organized for the public in the form of info-corners, school events and media interventions;
• Continuing the support to MESP and Trepca Complex in managing the historical industrial pollution: Technical proposal for Acid Mine Drainage (AMD) Treatment in Artana developed and a donor conference organized for supporting environmental project for remediation of historical waste in Trepca Complex.
- Projcet Duration
- 2010 – 2014
- Geographic Coverage
- Focus Area
- Environmental Sustainability
- Ministry of Environment and Spatial PlanningMunicipalitiesPublic companies
- Ministry of Environment and Spatial PlanningLocal institutionsCivil Society OrganizationsPrivate sectorUNV Programme
- Shkipe Deda-Gjurgjiali Environment & EnergyPortfolio Manager email@example.com Phone: +381 38 249 066 ext. 311