SPECIES - Sustainable Environmental Civil Society Sector
What do we want to achieve?
Empower the civil society in Kosovo at solving local environmental issues with potential regional/global impacts and socio-economic benefits for the communities ensuring gender equality, multicultural/multiethnic representation.
• Capacity of the civil society in Kosovo to influence policy dialogue, implement environment-related projects, and eventually actively participate in global initiatives increased.
• Develop a GEF SGP (Small Grants Programme) Strategy for Kosovo with defined strategic actions and the geographical focus for these actions in more detail and specificity.
• Establish the National Steering Committee,as the decision making body of the SGP
• Strengthen capacities of the local environmental CSOs – including grassroots – and individuals on the key UN Conventions relevant for the SGP (Biodiversity, Climate Change, Persistent Organic Pollutants, and Desertification).
• Develop capacities of the local enviromental CSOs on the GEF Small Grants Programme scheme, philosophy, principles and focal areas
• Enhance capacities of local environmental CSOs to monitor and evaluate environmental impacts and trends through experience-sharing with best implemented SGP in the region.