Support to strengthening the rule of law in Kosovo
What do we want to achieve:
The Rule of Law Project works towards strengthening an independent and effective justice system for Kosovo, which protects and promotes human rights standards with special focus on vulnerable groups (women, minorities), ensuring better access to justice for all citizens, aiming to achieve the overall outcome of supporting the judicial education in Kosovo.
In order to achieve it, project is focused in:
- Improving strategic planning, policy development and coordination in the rule of law sector in Kosovo under the leadership of the Ministry of Justice;
- Institutional capacities of judicial institutions strengthened and career development of legal actors improved and
- Increased access to justice and justice service delivery.
• Coordination between the justice institutions and harmonize their strategic planning for increased efficiency with regard to the implementation of reforms and the new legal framework.
• Increase justice institutions capacities for better efficiency and accountability.
• Efforts to revise the career development of legal actors with the aim of ensuring the introduction of a fully merit-based system with legal actors.
• Practitioners with sufficient technical capacities to deliver justice service to the people of Kosovo in a transparent and efficient manner without any discrimination.
The Support to Strengthening the Rule of Law in Kosovo Project builds on the previous UNDP Kosovo Justice Programme results which are available in two sets of programme infographics.