Advancing Gender Justice
What do we want to achieve
The Advancing Gender Justice project focuses on development of institutional and community capacities to ensure access to justice for all. The project places a particular emphasis on public participation and inclusion of vulnerable social groups and especially women. Key areas of work are:
- Support legal empowerment of women;
- Support access to legal aid
- Support transitional justice
- Strengthen community’s access to human rights bodies
- Strengthen the role of the Ombudsperson Institution
- Support to mediation in Kosovo
· Increased ability of Legal Aid System in Kosovo to provide gender responsive services: assisted and monitored 5 Legal Aid Offices in various municipalities, and established 3 new one, supported women judges of the Kosovo Chamber of Advocates and hired to intern 30 women law graduates
· Improved access to mediation services especially by vulnerable groups through an effective mediation system by continuous support to the Mediation Commission, by establishing a new Mediation Office in Pristina, and through capacity building of the 30 licensed mediators.
· Advance work on transitional justice through a report on perceptions of transitional justice and supporting the inter-ministerial working group
· Improved gender accountability system in Kosovo by ensuring a joint collaboration of the project partners and beneficiaries;
· Greater awareness on legal empowerment, anti-discrimination and legal redress of disadvantaged communities, in particular women.
|Government of the Kingdom of the Netherlands||2,286,000 $|