Social Media for Innovative Local Empowerment
Through the project, UNDP is supporting municipalities in using social media tools to make local government more attractive, approachable and open for youth in order to build bridges between local government and young people by utilizing the potential of social media platforms and mobile phone technologies.
What do we want to achieve
We want to build bridges between local government and young people by utilizing the potential of social media platforms and mobile phone technologies.
UNDP will support municipalities in using social media tools to make local government more attractive, approachable and open for youth.
Civil society organizations in Gjilan/Gnjilane and Prizren, through the assistance of UNDP, will develop and test internet and mobile phone tools to connect young men and women to local government by offering them a space to share ideas and concerns on topics of interest.
The success of this project rests on the partnerships and close cooperation between the municipalities and civil society organizations in Gjilan/Gnjilane and Prizren.
• Municipalities have social media platforms in place which allow youth to participate in public decision making.
• Youth CSOs build communication mechanisms which encourage youth to contribute to local governance.
• Municipalities and young men and women use the potential of social media for civic engagement.
|Democratic Governance Thematic Trust Fund- UNDP||USD 200,000|
- Project Duration
- May 2012 - April 2014
- Geographic Coverage
- Gjilan/Gnjilane and Prizren Municipalities
- Focus Area
- Democratic Governance
- Young people Municipal staff Civil society organizations General population
- Municipality of PrizrenMunicipality of Gjilan/GnjilaneCivil Society OrganisationsMinistry of Youth, Culture and Sports
- Lejla Sadiku Project Officer email@example.com Phone: +381 38 249 066 ext. 143