Support to Anti-Corruption Efforts in Kosovo (SAEK)
The project, through an innovative and holistic approach towards anti-corruption, aims to strengthen institutional transparency, accountability and integrity, with a particular focus on empowering citizens and access to information.
What do we want to achieve
The project’s objective is to strengthen institutional transparency, accountability and integrity, with a particular focus on empowering citizens and access to information.
SAEK takes an innovative and holistic approach towards anti-corruption by focusing on different levels of intervention, including the institutional, sectoral and municipal/local level.
In doing so, the project works directly with central and local government authorities and service providers, the judiciary as well as civil society and the citizens themselves.
Through the use of modern information and communication technologies, including social media, web2.0 and mobile phone technologies, this project will harness the creativity, innovativeness and collaborative attitude of citizens interested in achieving a political change.
1. Increased capacity of the KAA to monitor and prevent corruption in selected institutions, key service areas and municipalities.
2. Citizens actively seek out transparency and accountability from public institutions and are better informed about local issues through social media.
3. Judiciary’s ability to fight corruption internally and externally is increased.
4. Improved ethics and transparency of public administration through implementation of Theme 3 of Public Administration Reform Strategy (this output is fully funded by the Norwegian Ministry of Foreign Affairs).
|Swiss Agency for Development and Cooperation||EUR 2,160,000|
- Project Duration
- May 2013 - April 2016
- Geographic Coverage
- Kosovo wide
- Focus Area
- Democratic Governance
- General population
- Kosovo Anti-Corruption AgencyInstitutions at Central and Municipal LevelCivil Society Organisations
- Shqipe NeziriProject Managershqipe.email@example.com:+381 38 249 066 ext. 110