Support to Anti-Corruption Efforts in Kosovo (SAEK)
The project, through an innovative and holistic approach towards anti-corruption, aims to strengthen institutional transparency, accountability and integrity, with a particular focus on empowering citizens through the latest technological tools, access to information, and open participation in decision-making processes.
What do we want to achieve
The project’s objective is to strengthen institutional transparency, accountability and integrity, with a particular focus on empowering citizens and access to information. SAEK Phase II builds upon the SAEK Phase I’s innovative and holistic approach towards anti-corruption and is designed based on the baselines established and results achieved during SAEK Phase I.
An inclusive approach in addressing both of these areas will ensure that the overall impact of the intervention is achieved: institutions with strengthened capacities will be able to better perform their functions and mandate, also due to the increased demand of the public for transparency and accountability, which will result in the desired change; lower corruption, increased public trust and decreased perception of corruption.
SAEK II focuses mainly on addressing administrative corruption rather than grand corruption, although reducing the incidence and tolerance of the former will help reduce the latter.
The project will continue to work directly with central and local government authorities, the judiciary as well as civil society and the citizens themselves.
1. Anti-corruption institutions in Kosovo provide more effective oversight on public institutions.
2. Selected central and local institutions demonstrate principles of integrity and transparency.
3. Improved execution of CSO and citizens’ rights on seeking public accountability and transparency on the fight against corruption.
Swiss Agency for Development and Cooperation (SDC)
Danish International Development Agency (DANIDA)
- Project Duration
- October 2012 - April 2020
- Geographic Coverage
- Kosovo wide
- Focus Area
- Democratic Governance
- General population Kosovo Anti-Corruption Institutions Central level institutions Municipalities Civil society organizations
- Assembly of Kosovo, National Council on Anti – Corruption, Prime Minister’s Office for Legal Support, Kosovo Anti-Corruption Agency, Kosovo Judicial Council, Kosovo Prosecutorial Council, Office of Disciplinary Prosecutor, Ministry of Justice, Ministry of Education, Science and Technology, Ministry of Health, Ministry of Economic Development, EULEX, Council of Europe, European Union Office, UNODC, UNESCO, UN Volunteers, Internews Kosova (I/KS), Transparency International Kosovo Chapter, GAP Institute.
- Shqipe Neziri VelaProject Managershqipe.firstname.lastname@example.org:+381 38 249 066 ext. 110