Parliamentary Development for Social Policies
What do we want to achieve
The project has developed the capacities of the Assembly - MPs, Women and Youth Caucus Groups and administrative staff - to deliver socially-inclusive policies and legislation.
• Research on the monitoring and implementation of the Law on Gender Equality in Kosovo;
• Supported enactment and amendment of many laws related to social inclusion issues.
• Organized, supported and coordinated numerous conferences and round tables in reflection of, among others, Social Inclusion and EU Progress Report.
• Assisted the Assembly of Kosovo in monitoring and assessing their performance through an M&E Framework based on MDG’s and EU social inclusion framework.
• Several Members of Parliament, who work and promote social inclusion issues, have been identified and awarded as ‘Social inclusion Policy Champions’.
• The project has contributed to develop research capacities and mechanisms for the administration of AoK.
• Coordinated AoK MPs participation in study tours and conferences in Montenegro, Macedonia, Bulgaria, Turkey and Austria, enabling the signings of Memorandum of Understandings, capacity development and exchange of experiences.
• Supported the Women Caucus Group to prepare its strategy and action plan, facilitated the Women Caucus participation in iKnow Politics network, developed rules and procedures involving communication and promotion, involving a monthly gender bulletin in partnership with the Women Caucus Group.
• Enabled the cooperation between the Assembly of Kosovo and civil society, by bringing different NGOs closer to the decision making processes.
• Enabled people with special needs to take part in designing and developing policies and legislation related to their needs.
- Project Duration
- Geographic Coverage
- Assembly of KosovoPrishtinë/Priština
- Focus Area
- Democratic Governance
- Members of ParliamentCivil SocietyMarginalized GroupsWomen and Youth
- Assembly of KosovoCivil Society OrganisationsCitizenry
- Marta K. Gazideda Governance Portofolio Manager email@example.com Phone:+381 38 249 066 Ext. 302