The third MDG report aims to follow up on initial benchmarks and provides relevant information as to where Kosovo* stands against the commitment to achieve the MDGs by 2015.
Eight Goals for 2015
- 1 Eradicate extreme hunger and poverty
- 2 Achieve universal primary education
- 3 Promote gender equality and empower women
- 4 Reduce child mortality
UNDP’s Leadership on the MDGs in Kosovo
- After 2015, efforts to achieve a world of prosperity, equity, freedom, dignity and peace will continue unabated. The UN is working with governments, civil society and other partners to build on the momentum generated by the MDGs and carry on with an ambitious post-2015 development agenda.Learn more
- The MDG Achievement Fund is an international cooperation mechanism whose aim is to accelerate progress on the Millennium Development Goals (MDGs) worldwide. It supports national governments, local authorities and citizen organizations in their efforts to tackle poverty and inequality.Learn More
Latest MDG ReportsMDG Report 3
The second MDG report, assesses the work done so far in achieving the MDGs in Kosovo*. In addition to the eight MDGs, this report has also taken into consideration and identified a 9th goal, dealing with Good Governance, as a prerequisite to achieving the eight global MDGs.
This report establishes a baseline for Kosovo* in regard to the global MDG targets. Since new sources of data are emerging all the time in Kosovo's ever-changing environment, this baseline is drawn from the most reliable data in the post-conflict period, relying only on sources up to 2003.
*All references to Kosovo in these publications are made in the context of UN Security Council Resolution 1244 (1999).